As far as I know, no issues with Hound & Gatos, but maybe doodlebug will be by to confirm. She'd also be able to give you some food suggestions.
My fussy one only liked Ziwipeak for a few days, so I now have 6 or 7 cans of the lamb flavor here. Too bad you're not closer to me.
Personally, I've always liked Instinct. Alas, my girl only liked their dry. It was always rabbit, and a member here checked with the company to see where it was sourced, and I believe the rabbit was from France. I don't think the rabbit is much less expensive than Ziwipeak, but the other flavors are.
Another member had posted a list of carrageenan-free foods, which I swiped but will credit here, in case this helps. It's from a year ago, though, so you may want to double-check:
From Augustine’s post in thread “Inappropriate urination”
Foods that contain gums, but not carrageenan:
- Addiction (guar gum)
- Against The Grain (xanthan gum)
- Blue Buffalo: Wilderness Wild Delights + Tasty Toppers (guar gum)
- Chicken Soup for the Soul (guar gum)
- Earthborn Holistic (guar gum)
- Evanger's (guar gum)
- Fussie Cat (locust bean gum)
- Health Extension (guar gum)
- Nutrisca: Truly Shredded (guar gum)
- Nutro: Natural Choice (guar gum)
- PureVita (guar gum)
- Purina Beyond: Grain-Free w/ Gravy (guar gum)
- Replenish Pet (guar gum)
- Wellness: Signature Selects, some flavors only (guar gum)
- Weruva (xanthan gum)
- Wild Calling (guar gum)
*add Holistic Select (cassia and xanthan gums)
Foods that contain neither gums nor carrageenan:
- Hound & Gatos: Rabbit flavor only
- Tiki Cat: Grill/Luau flavors
- Halo: Impulse + Vigor
- Lotus: Just Juicy
- Redbarn: Chicken flavor only
- Hill's Ideal Balance: Grain-Free
I think that last is definitely not an option...grain-free, carrageenan-free, whatever-free...