skittish cat got out, may not be eating now - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Cat

skittish cat got out, may not be eating now

our 5 year old cat was able to jump from her room 2 stories high, and she went missing for 2 weeks.
she is a really skittish cat, she hides when there are strangers , and even hides sometimes when I'm around.
she has her own room, but is quite stressed since we have 2 other cats which now have access to the whole house.

last night we saw her on neighbors roof and called her. she immediately came down and i brought her back to her room. but she is extra skittish
what should i be looking out for? I dont think she has eaten anything and drank for 2 weeks.
she is still quite skittish and would remain hiding in her room.
there is construction ongoing near us so i think it adds to her stress.
anything that can be done?

Also i have 2 other cats which also cause her stress i think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 03:03 AM
Premier Cat

Poor girl. Have you tried a pheromone diffuser, like the Feliway plug-in? Or a calming collar?

There are also anti-anxiety flower essences that you can add to water or wet food, like Bach's Rescue Remedy, or HomeoPet's Feline Anxiety Relief.

Lots of extra time and attention might also boost her confidence.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks , not sure if those are available here. So far she is eating, she is a lot thinner and still skittish , but earlier i fed here some
Fresh sardine which she like. Im hoping she will get more comfortable soon. Also need to properly introduce her to out 2 other cats which before stayed in our bedroom, but recently i'm allowing those 2 to
Roam the house freely now but they dont really know each other and the male cat likes to chase her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 AM
Kitten

Spend a half-hour 2-4 times every day with the cat on your lap, giving her all of your attention, and as far as a calming collar, here is a way to get one:

Time with attention to her is the best/quickest way. That, and feed her separately from the others, like in a bathroom or closed in area, where she can eat without challenge. AND, until she calms down I would recommend feeding her a high quality canned food, like Weruva, Ziwipeak, or Feline Natural. Cats can usually sense when the food they are eating is giving them the right balance of all essential elements. They will at first maybe go for the good smell of a cheap food, but in the end they will go to the food that fills their needs. USUALLY!
Good luck.

Last edited by marie73; 02-23-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page