kitty with lymphoma - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

kitty with lymphoma

I wanted to post about my kitty Pinot Noir...I found out today he has lymphoma and we are putting him down tomorrow. Itís been almost 2 years now dealing with diabetes and pancreatitis and I guess I knew it would end this way but itís still so hard. Thanks for having this forum I know Iím not the 1st one to go thru this but itís so hard...I love him so much. Thanks for reading and say a prayer for my kitty boy if that is your way...

Last edited by marie73; 02-26-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 05:41 PM
Cat

You have all of our sympathies here. I joined this site when my boy Dizzy took ill, he passed last August and people here helped me enormously. He was close to 14 and we had been dealing with Hyperthyroidism and then liver disease for about a year. You are making the ultimate sacrifice by sparing your dear little one any more suffering and deterioration of quality of life. I know how you feel. It hurts to let go of a dear friend. That just sucks. Cry as much as you have to and work though your sadness. When I lost my friend I never felt so alone. But you're NOT alone.

Pinot Noir is such a pretty name! My Dizzy will enjoy being his pal.

4ever in my Heart
Dizzy my PookieMoose
June 2003- August 26 2017

Last edited by marie73; 02-27-2018 at 07:09 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks it's been such a hard day for us so far...I was just out driving around and when I came back in his smiling fur face wasn't there to greet me. He was a Russian Blue we got from the shelter 12 years ago and just the sweetest thing. It was a miserable couple of days for him and by extension us so although it was very hard we felt it was the right thing. We said our goodbyes, the vet sedated him and then it was over, very peaceful.

I hope they meet up Dizzy sounds fun and Pinot was always a bit reserved. I'm not normally one to reach out but I know this forum will help me feel better eventually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Cool Cat

Ah, you've done the hardest kind of job. And the kindest thing. Watching a loved one suffer is terrible.

Sympathy to you, with your empty home. I know that situation well.

People who tell you to "cheer up, it's only a cat" have missed the great experience of devotion, and we can only feel sorry for them.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:09 PM
Tom Cat

I'm sorry for your loss. Cats are family and it hurts very much when we lose family. Pinot must felt loved and safe up until the end, which is the best we can do for our cats. Its amazing that a little 8-10 lb ball of fur can make us feel so loved, happy and warm, and all they ask in return is love and safety. I wish you the best.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:02 AM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry PinotNoir. I haven't had to make that decision yet (though it will be coming some time soon), but I have lost two kitties, and it is devastating. Everyone here who's lost a kitty understands how deeply we grieve for them, which is so comforting when we're surrounded by people who think we should be "over it" after a few days.

If it helps, and when you feel up to it, you might want to post in the Rainbow Bridge section of the forum. We would love to see pics and hear a bit more about your boy.

Since you knew he was miserable, you made the right choice in letting him go and not making him suffer. Poor little guy. He's in good company where he is, along with Dizzy, and my Margaux and Olivia.

Hugs and much sympathy.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 12:16 PM
Premier Cat

So sorry for your loss....it was an act of love that you didn't allow Pinot Noir to have any more "miserable" days. One of my first cats was a Russian Blue and as you say of yours he was very sweet but reserved like Pino Noir. They are wonderful cats. I truly believe that we will see our beloved pets again in the spiritual world. This gives me consolation and hope, and pray that it will give you comfort too.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:26 PM
Cat Addict

You did what was best for your loved fur friend. The pain lessons but the memories are always there. You take the pain so they don't have to. Pinot Noir is at peace and maybe making some new friends in kitty heaven.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page