Cat seizure - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Cat seizure

Hi guys, my cat, a 6 year old boy had a seizure yesterday So here is how it all started. In October my cat had an UTI, he was successfully treated for it, he is still on a special diet but everything seems to be ok with his pee now. About a month ago he had a What I think might have been a seizure, he sat next to me, pupils wide open and lost balance, I picked him up, washed his face and he was back to normal. Went to the vet with him, did some blood work and he found that the cat is a bit deshidratated but everything looked good. Now, for the past month or so he is been having some sneezing problems, he has this episodes of sneezing about once a year and I'm trying my hardest to make it better, he also has the herpes virus so he takes lysine and some pills immune system and that helps him. I'm not sure if is allergy or the herpes virus causing the sneezing, my vet isn't sure either. Yesterday though he had a sneezing outburst and seconds after he had a seizure, he lost his balance, I picked him up, his legs went stiff, I put him on the sofa and talked to him, he went back to normal in less then a minute. He played, eats, goes to the bathroom, back to normal like nothing happened. My regular vet is on vacation for 2 weeks and I called a neurologist, they said it will be around 2000-3000$ To make the tests and see what he has. I don't know what to do, wait for my vet, get him in? He is a very mean cat, my vet is the only one that knows how to deal with him, he gets scared fast. I'm also trying to get his stress under control with felineaway. Anyone had this problem? I'm pretty sure he did this because of head shacking when he was sneezing. Does that mean he has something wrong with his brain? Anyone has a cat with seizures? I don't know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 07:08 AM
Cat

My Ebony had seizures before she passed away, in her case it was a brain tumour (she had a tumour in her tummy and it spread before the vet even knew it was there and got into her chest and up into her brain)

*hugs*

I would say all you can do is make sure the vet knows when he gets back.

Beauty (12th August 2007 - 3rd November 2008 )
Dylan (4th November 2008 - 23rd March 2012)
Tom (29/08/2014 - 17/10/2014)
Ebony (01/01/2014 - 2nd March 201
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tigger (31/10/14 - current) <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page