Could one blade of grass been causing this? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Could one blade of grass been causing this?

On Wednesday morning, our one cat Ichi wasn't really acting out of sorts but just seemed a tad bit more subdued than usual. Usually she's chatting up a storm in the morning trying to get us up, but she was somewhat quiet that morning. I didn't have any concerns as she was eating fine. I got home that evening and she came to the door when I opened it but didn’t do her usual immediate meowing and rubbing on my leg. She seemed to be dry heaving every once in a while, but was running after her bottlecap (which she loves to chase and bring back to us!) and not hiding. I put her food down and she took a sniff and started dry heaving again. She would just do it once and then be fine, but I could hear some gurgling in her meow and in her lungs. She wouldn’t eat anything I put down. Then later my husband came home and tried a new flavor of food and she ate that fine. She laid on the bed with us that night seeming subdued and not chatting. Yesterday morning she seemed about the same, but was eating fine. Then when I came home yesterday she dry heaved/coughed a few times and then almost had a convulsion with the coughing and up came one single blade of grass. Ever since that came up she’s been back to her old self. Could that one blade have been stuck in her throat or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 04:46 PM
Jr. Cat

It does sound like it could happen with one blade of grass. Were you able to identify what type of grass it was? I would just keep an eye on her to make sure she is still doing OK.

Don't be to critical of a mistake. It is evidence that at least
someone tried to do something.
Become better than you used to be, not better than someone else.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 03:04 AM
Premier Cat

I wouldn't be surprised if it did - it does sound like it got stuck. Thank goodness she was able to cough it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Yup, ever since that blade of grass came up, she's been right as rain! No more hacking or gurgling.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Cool Cat

Every time any cat of mine has eaten grass there is a upchuck event following. I think they do it on purpose! No, I don't know *what* purpose, but one must be careful it doesn't happen on the carpet or furniture!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page