Your litter box really doesn't smell? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Your litter box really doesn't smell?

I am using World's Best Cat litter and I like it for no dust and clumping. If my cats poop in it, I do smell the poop depending on when they did it. After awhile sometimes it seems to subside. Do you have litter that really masks the smell of poop even soon after they made it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

The poop hits the air before it hits the litter. Unfortunately, no litter in the world can stop that. If they bury it, it helps to contain the smell. I use Arm & Hammer Cat Litter Deodorizer, sprinkling a little on top of the litter. When they go to cover the poop, kicking this around helps deodorize the air a bit. But if you have a cat like my Charlee, who's poop (every once in a while) can peel the paint off walls (my neighbor's walls), it's something you have to live with.

I moved this thread to Health & Nutrition only because if a cat's poop is consistently smelly, there may be an underlying issue. Charlee's issues are random, but usually right before company arrives.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I put regular baking soda in there but will check on that litter deodorizer. It may be because he eats wild animals sometimes. Spring has sprung and the smaller gophers and lizards are out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 02:14 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
Charlee's issues are random, but usually right before company arrives.
LOL. They do have impeccable timing.

catowner, I used World's Best too, and I didn't smell anything as long as the poo was covered. Alas, CKD kitties with arthritis tend not to cover their poo anymore. And of course I'd gotten Celia a low-entry box without a cover, which made things easier for her but stinkier for me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Tom Cat

My cats are pretty picky about their litter box. I have tried covered ones and Freyja has told me quite clearly that she would rather use the floor than poop/pee in a covered box. They prefer Tidy Cats brand litter, but don't like the lightweight kind. I scoop frequently to decrease the smell. For some reason, neither kitty tends to use the box if I have guests. I suspect its something to do with security; they don't want to be vulnerable around people they don't know. I really wish they would use the lightweight litter because dragging in those heavy buckets gets tiresome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page