Hot weather; what can we do for our cat ? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thumbs up Hot weather; what can we do for our cat ?

Hello, I am a French woman.
Currently in France, there is a weather very hot (35-40° outdoor with 28-30° outside).
My cat, she has three months old, is very warm and I don't know how I can cool off her.
Do you have suggestions ?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Steys,

Yes, I have heard that all of Europe is suffering an unusual heat wave! Kitties don't usually mind warmer temperatures, but I'd make sure that she's drinking enough water, and I'd keep the water quite cold. If you have hard surface floors, those will be cooler than carpet, and obviously somewhere that's dark. Do you have a fan? That would help.

You can also use a cool washcloth, especially on areas where the fur isn't thick (oh, and brush her to get rid of extra fur), like under the chin, on paw pads, etc.

I hope you get a break from the heat soon!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi Spirite,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see your answer.
Thank you for your help. The weather is better, less warm than some days.
You have a beautiful cat, how old are she/he ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Steys,

I'm glad the weather has improved. I've spent quite a bit of time in France, though mostly in Paris, and I know such temperatures are very unusual. Ironically I have not been there since spring 2013, which they said was the coldest spring in Europe in 60 years. It rained for 16 of the 18 days of the trip.

That is my Celia, who passed away in April of this year at 17.5 years old, from chronic kidney disease. She was a very sweet (but stubborn!) little girl, and I miss her very much, but I will adopt new kitties in the future.

A 3-month-old kitten! They are soooo cute, but so energetic! What is her name? Could you share some pictures?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi Spirite,

Oh good. Do you like Paris. It was there is a long time, you must come back to France.
Now with the global warming, the weather is upset and unpredictable. Each year, the weather is different.

Oh so sorry, I didn't know. I read that the life expectancy of cats is between 2 and 16 years old. Your cat lived therefore well.
To prevent kidney diseases, my vet advised me, give to my cat paté/terrine one weeks and not more. More is not good for the cats (male or female). However, for the female, this food does a kidney work. Yes, the animals are very endearing.

Yes, she is so cute. My husband is military and he has left 2 weeks ago for 3 months. At the beginning, she looked for him everywhere, because he played a lot with her. But now, she does all with me, bathroom, bed, playing ... She takes her ball, she brings it to me, I must throw it, then she reports it to me in the bed or on the sofa, and play, again and again. She likes that. She likes the kisses and hugs. She hates loneliness, somebody has always to be with her in the room. She is very greedy. Her name is Olly. Yeah, naturally, if I make it.

(I hope my English is understanding..)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1260.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	123306  

Name:	IMG_0768.jpg
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	123308  

Name:	IMG_1454.jpg
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	123310  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page