Best Dry Cat Food? Canned Wet Food? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Best Dry Cat Food? Canned Wet Food?

I'm just curious what everyone thinks is the best dry cat food and the best canned wet food.
I currently feed my cat Good Life brand dry food. Meat is always the first ingredient and it's grain free. I realize there are likely way better brands out there so I was curious what others have found. He also gets wet food as a bit of a treat and I buy a rotating variety of it. I now that I have a bit more money to spend so I want to work on feeding him better foods and incorporating more wet food. Any help will be greatly appreciated! 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Zarae,

I don't know that there is a "best" food, either wet or dry. It really depends so much on what your kitty likes to eat, and of course on whether or not there are any particular dietary restrictions or other health concerns.

When I fed a half dry half wet diet, my girls liked Instinct (rabbit) for dry. I believe many people also like Orijen, but I'm not familiar with Good Life or other brands.

It's great that you're trying to feed more wet food; if you can get your kitty onto a completely wet diet, that would even better.

I have tried probably every brand of higher quality cat food available in the US, as well as some grocery store brands. Things I've fed for more than 2 weeks: Wellness, Pinnacle, Dave's, Merrick's Purrfect Bistro, Holistic Select, ZiwiPeak, but my choices were determined by what my cats would eat. Neither would eat anything except pates, so that ruled out a whole bunch of options.

There are plenty of other good brands out there; I'm sure you'll get feedback from others, and if doodlebug is by, she'll be able to tell you a lot about good brands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page