Hello new kitty fluoxetine 10mg ? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello new kitty fluoxetine 10mg ?

Hello, have. 12 year old kitty, fixed make inside only. He has sprayed for a very long time now behavioral.

He does it more now that I am married and have a new cat we have a new house and my husband cat deal. I can’t blame him. I tried it all and nothing works including 5mg if fluoxetine.

I started giving him 10 no which the vet said is ok. I think that is way to much , but has seemed to work the past few days he’s on it. The only issue is now he is super lethargic. Will this go away? I feel so guilty.

I know w 5mg in the beginning he seemed lethargic, but it got better then it didn’t phase him. I need suggestions on how to help him and maybe give one 10 mg every other day and then 5 mg ? I hate seeing him like this. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Premier Cat

Hi there,

Oh goodness, your kitty really lucked out to find someone willing to tolerate long-term spraying.

Honestly, I don't know anything about kitties and Prozac so hope someone else will have suggestions for you. If he got used to the 5 mg, maybe he'll adjust to the larger dose? Or is it possible to increase it to 7.5 rather than 10?

I assume you've had him fully checked out for any medical issues. Have you tried any anti-anxiety remedies, like Rescue Remedy, or HomeoPet's Anxiety Relief, a pheromone diffuser, or a calming collar? Those might help with stress due to the changes in the household and allow you to decrease the dose as well.

Also, you're using an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle to clean up wherever he's sprayed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page