cat having constant seizures, can't afford vet - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

cat having constant seizures, can't afford vet

Hey everyone!!

I joined this forum to ask one specific question and I need help. I have two kids and I am living low-income, paycheck to paycheck and can't bring my cat into the vet because I cant afford the cost associated with an exam but I believe my cats been having seziures ALOT lately. I didnt really realize it at first as I thought she was just dreaming but its been getting worse and its EVERYTIME she falls asleep. She twitches so hard sometimes she falls off the couch or where ever she was, I just recently witnessed her hiss during an episode and in the video I posted she actually urinates a little, which was a first. This is insanely terrifying to watch and I'm so worried that she is hurting. She always wakes up, acts like nothing happened and returns to her normal self which is the one thing that kept me from fully believing these are seziures. I need advice please, if anyone has gone through this or has veterinary experience, please tell me something!!*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Kira,

The seizures could be due to so many different things. Could she have eaten something toxic, like lilies, or something else outside?

I understand that money is very tight, but given how severe the seizures are, unfortunately I think a vet visit is absolutely necessary. Could you call around to see if any vets or shelters will work with you on price? Sometimes shelters will offer low-cost services.

The visit itself shouldn't be too expensive (mine are $40, but it does depend on location). If it turns out that she needs expensive care, though, you may want to think about relinquishing her to a shelter where she can get the care she needs.

I'm sorry not to be more positive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page