cat gave birth to stillborn, acting strange - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

cat gave birth to stillborn, acting strange

My cat got pregnant in late September and then had a miscarriage in early October (clots of blood) then later in October she fell of from a height and fractured her pelvic bone and one paw but recovered in a month and was still kept in rest, now she has completely recovered. A week or so ago her nipples got swollen again like shes pregnant but i thought maybe its something else bc she hadnt come in contact with any tomcat and her vet had also said after the accident that she doesnt look pregnant. Yesterday (Dec 3rd) she gave birth to a stillborn which was very shocking for everyone. Since then shes been acting very clingy and wouldn't leave me alone whenever i lay with her she trembles a little very softly and wants me to touch her belly. I even squeezed her nipple a little which secreted very less clear/milky liquid and she actually liked me squeezing it. Im just worried that theres nothing else wrong with her. I want to know if her light body shakes is normal and what should i do about her milk is that hurting her because theres no kitten kneeding? Will she be alright. Shes 3 years old and im not taking her to the vet because going there stresses her out very badly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

TAKE HER BACK TO THE VET.

She could have more kittens inside her and she needs to be spayed. You could be making a choice of her being stressed or losing her altogether. Poor little thing.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:33 PM
Jr. Cat

I agree with Marie73 and I would also strongly suggest that keep your little one inside the home. She shouldn’t be outside roaming around. It’s too dangerous.

Don't be to critical of a mistake. It is evidence that at least
someone tried to do something.
Become better than you used to be, not better than someone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Premier Cat

I agree with Marie that you should take her to the vet. The shaking is not normal and and she may have a fever and a dead kitten inside her, which could cause an infection that could kill her.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page