Sophie's Turn - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Sophie's Turn

Once again a crisis seems to hit with my kitties this time being my second oldest girl Sophie. Woke up this morning to find her tongue out of her mouth so off to the ER we went. The poor baby has tongue ulcers and ulcers on her upper lip. We are on two medications and awaiting the results of a skin cytology. She is not happy the poor girl but she will be okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat

We had a follow up today and poor Sophie has gotten worse. Her ulcers are getting worse, no word on the skin cytology yet. So we are on Prednisone, Clavamox and a water additive as well with a follow up in 10 days. She's having a tough time eating anything and grooming herself too the poor girl.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 12:23 AM
Cat Addict

Sorry to hear about Sophie - hope she's feeling better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat

She seems to be doing better but no answers yet her mom Mama has come down with the same issue.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Horrible news...both girls have been poisoned by toilet bowl cleaner. Sophie is doing well and recovering at home but Mama is in the hospital overnight and her prognosis is fairly good if we can reduce the fever and swelling.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Cool Cat

Oooh, that is nasty. And it could easily happen! I keep the toilet lid closed because the dog used to always drink from the toilet and made such a mess. Now I know another (better) reason!

Hope everything improves quickly. Chemical burns are bad new for pain.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Sophie thankfully escaped with no burns but Mama has some nasty ones. Sophie's fever broke and she is recovering at home almost back to normal. Mama is still recovering at the vet we got her fever down from 106 to 103.2 currently.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 01:19 PM
Kitten

I have been following your thread and I hope this finds your girls improving. My heart goes out to you and I am praying they both make a swift recovery. I am so sorry this happened but I want to truly thank you for posting because I would have NEVER thought about that and it easily could have been any of our babies. I have heard about drain cleaner and dont keep it in the house if I have to use it I do it right away close the door and stay the whole time until I am sure the cleaner has been completely washed away and dried. Strange timing as I never use tabs in the toilet but just the other day I bought a couple so when they are disolved I can deep clean the toilet. So this will be the one and only time. I just cant get over the fact that it took your huge tragedy for me to realize the dangers. My thoughts are with you and the girls. Please keep us posted and thank you so much again.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Both girls have recovered well and are back to themselves thankfully. We are on antibiotics and steroids for the next week with a follow up as well. I never use chemicals but my mom does and I have always told her to keep everything locked up and out of pets reach but unknown to me she left a leaking bottle of Lysol toilet bowl cleaner underneath the bathroom sink and the girls decided to lay in it. They are more tired and hiding out more then usual though but apart from that they are doing well and thankfully the other pets stayed away from it. Hoping for another thumbs up from the vet next week for them!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Kitten

Such good news!! Thank you for keeping us updated. Made my day to hear they will be ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page