Focal Seizure - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Unhappy Focal Seizure

Hey everyone,

I've had my cat (medium-haired black and white cat) for about 10 years now. I bring her outside sometimes, she loves it.

I brought her out onto the patio for a couple of minutes as I got ready for work. When I had to leave, went to get her, brought her inside, turned around and closed the patio door. She tried to run back out and I caught her in the door. Not too hard, but enough to traumatize her a bit (shaky and scared for a few moments).

Ever since then, about 4-5 months ago, she's had two incidents where her head tilts and she has muscle spasms in her face. Brought her in both times it happened, as well as when I had the patio incident. At this point, the vets believe she now suffers from focal seizures (partial seizures).

My question to you all is could this be it for my baby? Is it going to get worse from now on? Is she in danger? The vet took some blood and we are hoping it isn't some sort of thyroid or muscle disease. If she is epileptic now, medication would be the way to go further down the line.

HELP, I'm freaking out. I just want the best for my babykins.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Premier Cat

So sorry to hear of what's happened.....I'm not a vet and haven't heard of "focal seizures" before. If she were my cat, I think I would like to get another vet's opinion, or ideally if you have a veterinary school in your area, to have your cat examined there.
Keep us updated. All the best.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page