cat peeing outside the box - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

cat peeing outside the box

Hello all, my name is Tiffany I have a unfixed young female cat. Her name is Nikki, she is sweet loving and affectionate. I am having a problem with her that I'm hoping that someone can help give me in the right direction. She is having urinary issues. She goes to the litter box and she sits in the litter box but does not pee. She'll also try to pee anywhere she can in the house including on me, on furniture, on the walls and my bed. She will walk past the litter box just to pee somewhere else. But still is not peeing. She's also in heat and I believe she might be constipated. She's acting normal she's not lethargic or anything like that. The main reason why I'm bringing this up here is that I cannot afford to take her to a vet. I am disabled and on a set income. I'm very worried and scared for her. Does anyone know about a low income veterinary clinic and the Kansas City Missouri or Belton Missouri area that I can take her to? I would really appreciate anyone's help and comments. Please wish me the best of luck in getting her help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Tiffany,
Your best bet is to check with your local Humane Society, or a local TNR (trap, neuter, release) clinic, they can often help point you in the right direction for low cost care, explain your situation to them, and see where it leads.

It does sound like your furbaby may have urinary/bladder issues, and a visit to vet may be of upmost importance!
Good Luck for both of you!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 03:35 PM
Premier Cat

I agree with 10cts2dogs suggestions. Nikki is doing what all female cats do when they're in heat......go about marking her territory to attract tomcats, and she will continue to do so with her next heat which could occur in a few weeks' time or less. Do try and get her spayed as soon as possible. Continual heats can lead to other serious problems, such as Pyometra (infection of the uterus), a life-threatening condition that must be treated aggressively and quickly, and will cost a lot more $$$ than a spay.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page