Cat vomiting - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Cat vomiting

Hello,

I adopted my neighbor’s cat in November after my cat passed away. My neighbor had to get rid of the cat so I took it in. She’s 12.

I took the cat it the vet in December just for a check up because the cat drools unbelievably when happy. Like St Bernard style. Vet said she’s healthy just has an overactive saliva gland. Vet also said my cat is very healthy and great weight.

I currently have another cat as well who is also 12.

I feed my cats Orijen dry food, and I offer my new cat wet food (Merrick wet food) but she won’t touch it. She only eats dry food and my neighbor said the same.

Lately, over the past two weeks, my cat has been vomiting almost daily. It’s a bit frustrating but I’m also concerned about her. She’s a great cat so far and she’s coming out a lot more lately. The two cats seem to generally get along pretty well.

Do you guys have any advice for me?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 11:55 AM
Premier Cat

One of my cat's is a drooler too, and does it when sitting on my lap purring.....some cats do this, others don't--just have tissues ready.

So I'm a bit uncertain which cat is doing the vomiting daily when you say "my cat"....this is not the new one, right? The vomiting may be the result of some anxiety with this new cat coming into her home. It seems you're feeding them very well with a high quality food, so that may not be the reason. Some cats will vomit up some foamy liquid before they are fed, as acid in their stomach irritates it. My older cat Zuba who is 14, tends to be doing this the past year or so, if I am late with his breakfast. Even after he vomits up the foam, he is eager to eat, and doesn't vomit afterward. If your cat is vomiting after eating on a regular basis, there may be a problem, and you should take her into the vet to determine the cause.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page