Cat diagnosed with secondary cancer - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Cat diagnosed with secondary cancer

Hi All

Avid reader of the forum.. but not so much the posting ..
Anyways.. ;My rescue boy Spirit whom I rescued summer 2016 at age seven is who the query is about..
I'm wondering if I should get a second opinion.....

Back in Oct/Nov 2016 I came home from work to find him acutely unwell.. very very lethargic..no interest in food,cuddles etc (normally very very active and a greedy boy lol )
Took him to the vet that evening and he was diagnosed with a probable chest infection.. high fever, bloods were off etc.. daily visits for about 4 days .. temp slowly came down he was given long acting antibiotic.. etc.. it was one of those repeat visits where it was noted he had a enlarged lymph gland on one side of his neck... they took a needle sample from the lump and sent it off...
Got the call within the following week that it was bad news.. a secondary cancer.. by that time Spirit had picked back up and was back to his normal self..
Decision was made between myself and vet to not to further investigations to find primary and Spirit was improving and I did not want to put what unknown time into tests and treatments.
That was back in Nov 2016 that I got that call.
Unless I told you.. you would not believe me that he has cancer.
Since that episode he has been fine.. active, healthy,playful.. normal greedy self. (no change in eating habits lol ) weight stable..
I'm just finding it hard to believe that over two years down the road still no sign of him declining in health..
Naturally I'm over the moon with this.. Love this cheeky boy to bits..
Has ANYONE had an experience like this where over 2 years post diagnosis still no obvious signs of illness?

If you have made it to the end thanks for reading and really appreciate any input..
have had numerous cats all my life but none with a cancer diagnosis that has been so well so long after diagnosis..
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Premier Cat

Over many years of cat ownership I haven't had a cat get cancer, but have known people who had cancer disappear. So why not with a cat? Hope Spirit continues to be back to "his normal self".

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in