My Cat is not eating - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My Cat is not eating

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My name is Kevin and I have a little girl cat named "Charlie" We have had her 7.5 years and got her as a kitten. We have (2) little kids, and (2) yorkies. My cat has never hissed, scratched or bit us. She is small and is usually around 10.5 - 11lbs. She is an American Short Hair and really does not shed a ton.

Here is what is going on. She has always had a sensitive stomach and we have been to the Dr. more times than I can count to do blood work, physical, x-rays, etc...

During the years of 2016, 2017 and 2018, the Dr. had her on the Hills Prescription Z/D and her throwing up seemed to slow down. Towards the end of 2018 she began throwing up almost after every meal, so we took her back in, they did all the blood work and everything came back fine. The Dr. suggested trying a different type of prescription food. She suggested the Royal Canin version of Z/D.

She did on for about a month, and the last 6 or so weeks, she has thrown up a considerable amount. I took her back to the Dr. this past weekend. They did a blood test, x-rays, fecal test, and a thyroid test and everything came back fine.

She has not eaten a ton the last 2 days. I bought some wet food, which I have never given her and some hairball food per the suggestion of the Dr. She thinks there could be some hairball's lining her stomach and making her feel full. She did not eat the wet food and has eaten a bit of the dry hairball food.

She is down almost 2 pounds from her normal weight and I am at a loss for what to do.

She is drinking water and going to the bathroom but she is just refusing to eat. Should I keep trying different brands of food?

Thank you all for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Premier Cat

Oh dear, I can imagine how frustrated you are and the vets as to why she is throwing up, and now losing serious weight. I would try her on Purina canned food "Fancy Feast"---comes in chicken and fish. A lot of cats will eat this when they won't other food as it's highly palatable, to the point of addiction in some cats and has received the name "kitty crack" by some breeders. Will your cat eat roast chicken or fish---some like sardines. Generally speaking dry food is not the best for cats, as it may cause IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) and it's possible that may be Charlie's problem.

Here's a link of cat nutrition that I consider has excellent advice:

https://catinfo.org/

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page