Food Suggestions - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Food Suggestions

So my girls and boy are currently on a mixture of dry and wet and I had been working unsuccessfully to switch them over to strictly wet food. Lately however they seem to be enjoying their wet food much more then their dry food so I think my years of work have finally started to pay off. We are going to be moving soon and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what brands of wet food I could try out for them. They don't seem to be a fan of fishy flavors unless its salmon however. I will have a Petco, Petsmart, Pet Supplies Plus and retail stores near me(Walmart, Meijer, Jewel, and Target whom I happen to work for when I'm not at the vets) and I am willing to order off of Chewy.com as well. My aunt was gifted a bag of fresh pet from a friend whose kitties wouldn't eat it that we tried and while they do like it I have read some recent reviews that it is making pets sick so I am steering clear of that for now. My girls are mother and daughter and both 8 years old and need to lose weight while my male will be 6 on Thursday and he's at an ideal weight for himself. I am looking to feed a variety of flavors and brands as thats what I have always done and they seem to enjoy that so I am looking for more brands to add to our rotation list now that we are finally making the switch to strictly wet food. Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

My girls eat Merrick - Turducken, Thanksgiving Day, sometimes Grammy's Pot Pie. They don't like pate. I've found the best prices on Amazon, but Chewy.com probably comes close. Taking them off dry food should help mom and daughter lose some weight.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you marie for the suggestion we will definitely give it a try and see what they think. Is Merrick still a good brand I'm assuming despite the Purina buyout?
Yes I am hoping that will help Sophie and Mama lose the remaining few pounds they still need to lose once we make the switch. I've been trying for 8 years to switch them over, 6 years for Oreo so I'm glad I never gave up on trying to make the switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page