Cat Forum banner

Ibd?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AnimalAnimeLover 
#1 ·
So one of my jobs is at a vets office and we work with a variety of rescues. We have a kitten who has been boarding with us for months now because of possible IBD. However the rescue has talked about putting him down because of his medical issues and the fact that no one wants to adopt him. So I am highly considering taking him in myself but I have never owned a cat with IBD before and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with an IBD kitty?

#2 ·
Fortunately, I haven't had a cat with IBD, so do not have direct experience with this condition. Here's a link that I think can be helpful for you. All the best!

feline ibd - Cat Nutrition

#5 ·
Thank you I will look through that link as well. He leaves for foster on Saturday so I am unsure what the plan is for him now. I know the poor guy(he turns a year old tomorrow) has issues with using the bathroom. Constant diarrhea and the concern is how he will do outside of a small area when it comes to litter box usage. Do your kitties have any issues like that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.