Is it normal to feel bones? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Do you have any recommendations for wet food brands? From what I was reading I know raw diet is best suited. Just unfortunately my budget isnt quite there. But if there is brands that you would suggest for a young kitten that I can feed her for now until I get her set on a more proper diet

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Last edited by marie73; 06-09-2019 at 02:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

A kitten her age should weigh about 2.25-2.5 lbs, but if she's very small her weight is probably OK. In general, pate style foods are higher calorie than shreds or chunks in gravy. Wellness pates are probably the highest calorie food available. Also Fromm, Dave's, Redbarn, Hound & Gatos and a bunch of others. This is the most important time in her life for her to be on the best diet you can afford...she's growing leaps and bounds. Also be aware that you feed much less of better quality foods than low quality.

As for finances....you need a back up plan Start a savings account for vet emergencies, apply for a credit card to be used just for her or get her insurance. The vast majority of vets want to be paid up front.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

We have pet insurance that we'll be signing her up for just has to wait until Monday because its the weekend. And I understand the cost. Just like this exact moment I don't have much but later in the week I will. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Last edited by marie73; 06-09-2019 at 02:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:37 PM
Tom Cat

Our Burmese was very tiny, skinny and underweight when we got him. He stayed that way for years. Until the last 2 years, he never went over 4#. He is going to be 11 in August and now finally has meat on his bones. He’s up to between 5 & 6# now. He was a runt and stayed that way. I agree that your baby should be allowed food at all times as long as he doesn’t gorge and throw up.

Mom to Abby & Gizmo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page