Sisal Rope.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Sisal Rope....

I bought some sisal rope to put over some carpeting on my Jasmine's cat post but did some research to be sure to avoid ones that have been "treated" as they can have chemicals and or oil on them that is bad for your pets.

Tried this one here:

mainly due to this:
  • Imported material, natural sisal rope with no weird chemicals or oils
  • Perfect for re-vamping those old and tired cat scratch posts and saved you from having to buy new ones

It stinks though and none of the reviews mentioned this......which has me quite cross because it's not suppose to.

That said which brand/company do you all use to buy sisal rope from...keeping in mind I have to purchase more than likely off of newegg.ca or amazon.ca since I don't live in a big city.

Some further research is telling me all sisal rope if imported will be trearted in some shape form or fashion to prevent bug from entering the country or so....

Is there any sisal rope home grown here in Canada or the USA?

Hmmm..

Last edited by Calistin; 07-29-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:13 AM
Kitten

It's easy to tell if the sisal has been treated, it has an odor. Home Depot sells TW Evans Sisal and it states on the package that it is 100% unadulterated sisal rope.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/T-W-Evan...-410/205326791

Sisal is made from the succulent plant agave. I don't know if sisal is grown in the US.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Great you have used TW Evans cordage/sisal rope before then and can confirm it's untreated?

Like I said in my post the one I bought was suppose to be untreated and not have any smells either according to the description. Next time I am in a bigger town that has a Home Depot I will have a look and hopefully this will not be in sealed packaging so I can check it for smells before buying.

Thanks for the reply.

Hmmm..

Last edited by marie73; 08-01-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in