Cat Forum banner

Lump by eye/ tear duct?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lcordaro 
#1 ·
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone’s experienced this with their cat?

She’s seen 2 vets, they’re not sure what it is and they’re both saying it’s in an awful spot. Blood work was basically perfect and she’s going to have it removed and biopsied but I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this? What did your vet say? I feel terrible because it’s so close to her eye ? she’s my soulcat and I’m such a worried mess.

She’s also going under for a dental/extraction at that time so she’s going to be in so much pain I feel terrible.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hopefully, it will be something as simple as a wart or an infection from an ingrown eyelash. But don't worry about the pain from the dental, you'll get pain meds to take home with you. Cleo has had several dentals, teeth pulled at every one. Good luck!

#3 ·
Thank you! Hopefully her biopsy is good ?? She is not a happy camper after her dental ? she keeps going backwards and yesterday she kept bashing her head around to try to get it off ? my poor baby. She’s breaking my heart ?? she got the top 2 big molars removed and the bottom 2 behind the canines poor thing

#4 ·
You can go to the craft store and buy a piece of 9x12 craft foam and some stick-on velcro dots or squares and use the cone that the vet gave you as a model and make another one slightly shorter. I did that for my Patches. She has a wound on her face she keeps scratching. She had a hard time getting around in the commercial cone too, even though it was the smallest one that Petsmart had. I traced it on a piece of craft foam and took off about an inch and or so and she gets around fine now. It's even flimsy enough that I can fold it down at mealtime so she can easily eat all her food. I have large water bowls around the house so she can easily drink water when she is thirsty. I recommend putting some duct tape on the end of the cone before you put on the velcro. The tape stiffens the foam so it is easier to pull the two pieces apart without ripping the foam.

#5 ·
I used this with Cali, so much better than the cone of shame. I didn't even inflate it all the way. She could eat and drink fine with it on.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.