cats have issues, can't afford vet - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

cats have issues, can't afford vet

Hi, I’m new to the cat forum. I have two cats and they seem to always have something going on with them and I just can’t afford the vet visits. The latest, one car has litter stuck in her nose for two weeks now and I can’t seem to get it out. Also one of the cats turns the pretty litter dark green blue. They said high alkaline levrl. Once again I lost my job a week ago and absolutely can’t Afford a vet. What to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

They really need to see a vet. Have you looked into CareCredit? Most vets accept it.

https://www.carecredit.com/howcarecr...s/prospective/

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:15 AM
Kitten

cats have issues can't afford Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
They really need to see a vet. Have you looked into CareCredit? Most vets accept it.

https://www.carecredit.com/howcarecr...s/prospective/

Care credit saved me BUT once it was used I had to pay a bunch before I could use it.

See if Vet takes payments or search internet for help with Vet bills!

I M H O Vets charge too darn much money!!!!!

Last edited by marespooscats; 09-12-2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: needed to add more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Vets are just like any other business. They have rent to pay, student loans, payroll, supplies, utilities, vendors to pay, state-of-the-art equipment to purchase and maintain, etc., etc. etc. It's our responsibility as pet owners to provide for our little ones, either putting aside money, purchasing pet insurance, or other options. Believe me, I understand when unexpected things come up. I had relocated and wasn't working when Cali got sick again this year. .

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 01:29 AM
Kitten

Take your cats to the vet and explain your financial situation. Hopefully they will allow you to pay in instalments.

Ali and Lukas
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 04:28 AM
Kitten

You could always look into your local animal charities - depending on where you are they may be able to provide them with veterinary care at a lower rate. Failing that I agree with the above poster, a lot of vets offer the chance to pay in instalments so it's worth having a chat to them. Either way they need to see a vet x

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them." - Marie, The Aristocats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in