Cat Forum banner

cats have issues, can't afford vet

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TabbyCatQueen 
#1 ·
Hi, I’m new to the cat forum. I have two cats and they seem to always have something going on with them and I just can’t afford the vet visits. The latest, one car has litter stuck in her nose for two weeks now and I can’t seem to get it out. Also one of the cats turns the pretty litter dark green blue. They said high alkaline levrl. Once again I lost my job a week ago and absolutely can’t Afford a vet. What to do?

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
cats have issues can't afford Vet

They really need to see a vet. Have you looked into CareCredit? Most vets accept it.

What is CareCredit? | CareCredit

Care credit saved me BUT once it was used I had to pay a bunch before I could use it.

See if Vet takes payments or search internet for help with Vet bills!

I M H O Vets charge too much money!!!!!

#4 ·
Vets are just like any other business. They have rent to pay, student loans, payroll, supplies, utilities, vendors to pay, state-of-the-art equipment to purchase and maintain, etc., etc. etc. It's our responsibility as pet owners to provide for our little ones, either putting aside money, purchasing pet insurance, or other options. Believe me, I understand when unexpected things come up. I had relocated and wasn't working when Cali got sick again this year. .

#6 ·
You could always look into your local animal charities - depending on where you are they may be able to provide them with veterinary care at a lower rate. Failing that I agree with the above poster, a lot of vets offer the chance to pay in instalments so it's worth having a chat to them. Either way they need to see a vet x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.