Ear Infections????? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Ear Infections?????

Hello to all.
I am new to the forum. I have 11 cats ranging from 12 years of age clear down to our latest addition, 4 1/2 months old! My question is: In August, one of our cats "Trouble" had an ear infection and from her shaking her head, she broke a blood vessel in the pointy part of her ear and it blew up like a balloon. Well, with 3 surgeries, we got her all fixed up. Well now, yesterday, I had to take another cat to the vet for the same thing "Spike". They said the same thing, he had an ear infection and that's what happened. Have any of you heard of this and should I be worried that it could happen to all my Kitties? Any info would greatly help!!!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 03:28 PM

What did the vet say when you brought in the second infected kitty? I would hope that *if* it is something that can pass from cat to cat, he would have told you. I would probably start by checking all their ears for signs of mites or any kind of sores. Perhaps there are ear drops that can be prescribed. Mind you, with 11 cats it may be difficult to know if it's being passed from one to the other. It could be coincidence but I would play it safe and get the vet involved in a big way before it gets out of hand. It could get very expensive.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Well, My husband and I aren't taking any chances of it being contagious, so we started an ear cleaning day on Sunday's at our household! Better Safe Than Sorry! Besides, Cats forgive so easy. They may run when they see me with the ear wash, but they get over it! thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 08:51 PM

Good luck trying to get 12 cats to be agreable

and welcome to the forum!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page