cat treats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

cat treats

Are there any healthy cat treats that your cats will eat? I've tried giving them those grocery store treats and they have no interest in them. any human food that isn't unhealthy for them? any suggestions??
thanks
daffy Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 02:16 AM

Max likes fingers and toes ...and oven roast turkey meat from the deli. He also likes Angus beef because it is cooked rare and un-spiced. Once in a while a bite or two of a honey-dip doughnut (most of the "honey" removed) I like to buy fish on sale, like whole salmon, halibut etc... they love it when I bake up a whole fish. It takes a few minutes to remove the bones but it's worth it to watch them dance around my feet like piranha.

Max & Ben teamed up one night and consumed most of a blueberry pie. Ben ate the crust and Max ate the filling. They seemed to be quite happy with that snack, I was not impressed, my carpets were not impressed. I can imagine what the vet would say. Actually, they really like Max and understand that he may have slightly different eating habits. Every time I take him to the vet, all the attendants make such a big deal out of his size. They always let me handle him for the exams. I think they are a little scared of him but love seeing him just the same.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 06:21 PM

My cats love fish flavored Pounce treats.

Nori and Mouser also love yogurt, but I'm not sure whether it's healthy for them or not. I don't eat yogurt but every so often and when I do I let Nori or Mouser (or both) lick the lid.

- koneko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 07:06 AM

Hayley loves Pounce Treats as well but she has recently fell in love with Whiskas Temptations.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 01:21 PM

My cat, Chester, sometimes eats small pieces of carrot. But all my cats absolutely love lunchmeats. Ham, turkey, baloney, you name it, they love it.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Premier Cat

Sometimes cats are very picky about treats. I had dogs before and they loved everything. Both my cats are a bit picky, Sugar likes dried tuna cavier and dried shrimp. Twinkie likes Bil Jac treats. Eventually you should run into something that they like or maybe some cats just dont like treats.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 02:40 PM

i'm very picky about the treats i give cujo. i was looking at a bag of treats, and like, the third ingredient was high fructose corn syrup. i'm sorry, but what the (insert bad word here) does a cat need with high fructose corn syrup? people shouldn't even eat it! i found these treats called "liv-a-littles" that are just plain old freeze dried chunks of meat. there's fish, beef, or chicken.

https://www.halopets.com/livalittle.htm
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 01:26 AM

My cats love the liv-a-little treats! Very pricey though.....I also give them Wysong treats.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 01:00 PM

Hmm, my cats love the Bil - Jac treats, which for your tyically store bought treat, has a good amount of animal products in it, instead of things just like wheat flour lol.

I also give them left overs of my meals, things like cut up chicken, rice, hamberger, any left over steak, raw & cooked egg.

There's lots of thigns I feed for a treat, or part of their meals.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 01:07 PM

i would love to give my kitty meat tidbits from my dinner- except that i'm a vegetarian so there are no meat bits!! he usually doesn't like what i eat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page