Table Scraps? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Do you feed your cat left overs or table scraps?
Yes, all the time 5 11.90%
No 15 35.71%
Sometimes for a treat 22 52.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Table Scraps?

I'm just curious how many of you give your kitties scraps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 11:58 PM

I'm a vegetarian, so my table scraps wouldn't really be the best thing for them anyway!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 01:17 AM

scraps

Hi,

It's myself and hubby who get the scraps, I'm actually one of those "dotty" owners who buy Prawns for my cats, we just get the left overs. In my household the cats eat better than ourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 07:15 PM

Re: scraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceri
Hi,

It's myself and hubby who get the scraps, I'm actually one of those "dotty" owners who buy Prawns for my cats, we just get the left overs. In my household the cats eat better than ourselves.
I know what you mean. My cat's diets are much better than mine. They don't eat fatty foods or smoke either....LOL!

Max is just too cool sitting at the table with his butt on the chair and his paws on the table-top. He looks like an hungry alien waiting for a plate. It's hard to resist so I give him some. I eat a lot of fish & chicken so it's all good to Max. He also loves full sized green beans. He strips the pod open and eats the peas. Ben's favourite human food is bread. Go figure.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 10:17 AM

The odd time I will but I have really good cats. They don't usually bother for human food. But when my brother is making a ham sandwich, Sabrina comes running over and begging for lunch meat. She just loves it and she is alittle piggy, can eat a whole bunch. I think it is good not too feed cats human food because it is hard on the stomach and they have a hard time digestive the food.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 03:20 PM

We buy sliced lunch meat for Chester just because he's old and really thin. And a lot of the time when we have pork chops, roast, etc, leftovers we'll cut it up into little pieces to give to him as well.

We used to yell at Lizzy for sneaking in and eating it because she was overweight, but now she's getting old and thinner too so we don't yell at her any more.

The other two don't like people food.

-Chelle
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 04:37 PM

Once in a great while my cats will get a small piece of meat but normally it's strictly vegetables and pasta that get handed out as table scraps.

Peaches and Sampson are the only ones that will eat the good stuff so they are the ones to get the scraps.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Only Samhain gets cooked chicken when I eat it and it's the only thing she pesters me for. She also likes crackers though. I don't give her "scraps" - its the exact same chicken that I eat.

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 10:12 AM

my cat loves pretzels and if she hears the bag she comes running. When I first got her, it was cute, because I only thought that dogs begged for food. I soon realized that not only do cats beg for food, they also jump up on my lap and practically help themselves. My cat pays no attention to "go lay down" like my dog. Since this revilation, I have quit feeding her table scraps, but will sometimes throw a little lunch meat into her dish.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 06:17 PM

Well, it depends on the scraps! If it's something like left over meat, cooked or uncooked, I give it to them! That is very healthy for them.

But I don't give them left over pasta or veggies etc, they just are not too interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page