Trippy Kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Trippy Kitty

Did you know that catnap is a hallucinagen for cats? Do you give your cats catnip? I have a big tub of catnip that I let my kitties eat out of every great once in awhile. It's funny to watch my cats tear around the house. Nori seems to hallucinate even when she's not on catnip... she is constantly looking around and whipping her head around like she's watching imaginary insects.

- koneko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 12:07 AM

I get it in a concentrated spray bottle. I like to put a little on their scratch post and it keeps them from clawing at my leather couches. I don't use it much because they get a little freaky like you said.

Since it grows naturally and they seem to love chewing it, I don't see any problem with catnip. I have never seen any ill side effects.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 03:24 PM

Catnip doesn't seem to work on my cat. I make little toys and stuff them with dried catnip but he just takes a whiff and walks away... How boring~ Was looking forward to seeing him go nuts! heheh~

Does anyone have catnip-immuned cats like me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 05:14 PM

Both of my cats love catnip but I know that not all cats like it.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 06:04 PM

My cats both love catnip, however, Madison (10 months) only recently started to be affected by it. Initially it did nothing for her. Weird.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Premier Cat

your not alone, vienna doesnt think anything about catnip, but my other cat pebbles loves it!

now pebbles is a right little madame, complete snob, give her catnip and shes trippin its so funny. She has 14, was spayed as soon as she was old enough, and bleach does a strange thing to her, if i was my floors with them, or just use it in genral, she goes nuts! she tries to rub herself into it, or drink it (obviously i stop her) its like shes come into season (which is imposible since shes been spayed for like 13years)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:38 PM

I love to give my cats catnip when they are REALLY bored, so it's an extra special treat, so they don't start acting out in BAD ways. (my cats are more bad on a normal basis then when they are "high") lol.

With some cats, all they need is to smell it and it gets to them, other cats have to eat it for it to have an effect, and other cats don't get anything from it either way.
Tage doesn't get anything from it, but Asim and Isha do.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieb8020
My cats both love catnip, however, Madison (10 months) only recently started to be affected by it. Initially it did nothing for her. Weird.
I've read that catnip has no effect on kittens.

I have a big ziplock freezer bag with some catnip that I rotate our cat toys in and out of every few weeks. Keeps the old toys interesting.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 11:15 PM

Hey!! Thats a great idea!!! I 'll have to try that.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Zalensia, I don't know what it is about Clorox, but if I have been soaking clothes in it, I have to wash my hands thoroughly, because I know my cats will be washing my hand over and over again. I thought mine were the only ones!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page