Cat Food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Cat Food

What do you feed your cats? The vet told us that Science Diet or Iams were the best. What do the rest of you think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

My cats eat Royal Canine Indoor. I would never give my cats IAMS because of ethical reasons. Search the web and you´ll see that they use animals for cruel tests.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 12:11 PM

my older cats won't eat anything but purina one. the little ones will eat anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 02:53 PM

My Bengal refuses to eat anything except Eukanuba or Masani which is an exotic cat food and has to be ordered and most expensive.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Hi . My cat eats Felidae, earlier he was on a special diet - Hills C/D. Now he mostly eats Felidae, and seems to enjoy it very much.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 07:46 PM

Actually, when it comes to ingredients, Science Diet and Iams are below average foods, and not anywhere close to being good foods. They use tons of grains, by products, and fillers that are not used in true premium foods. Hills, the maker of Science Diet, even uses BHA in their foods, which is a known carcinogen. Vets recommend Science Diet because Science Diet reps teach their nutrition classes in vet school, and Science Diet is thought to offer money incentive (or so the rumur goes) to vets who promote Science Diet in their offices. Many vets will admit that they know very little when it comes to nutrition. Any vet that recommends Science Diet falls into that category,
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Cat Addict

I agree with micp879.

Our cats are fed mostly raw meat and some wet food, such as Wellness, Felidae, Nutro pouches, Eagle Pack,..... They have lot of variety.

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 09:50 PM

I feed Mittens Nutro. It's reasonably priced and is a mid-grade food. He really loves it too!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 11:16 PM

I feed my girl Iams Kitten Chow. She's healthy and happy. My vet told me it was a good food and its reasonably priced.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 01:10 AM

Micp879 said
Quote:
Hills, the maker of Science Diet, even uses BHA in their foods, which is a known carcinogen
This is only true of the dry prescription foods. Their canned food and the dry foods in the pet stores do NOT contain BHA or BHT.

I have tried everything under the sun, from the top holistic food to the bottom and the ones my girls do best on is:

Purina Pro Plan
Science Diet
Nutro Max Kitten

I also give one Nutro pouch or small Nutro can in the evenings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page