Cat Forum banner

Found Kitten- Have questions

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  MA 
#1 ·
I was driving on the access road to a major highway this morning when I saw a tiny kitten cross the road.
So I pulled over and picked him up.
He still seems a bit out of proportion (huge ears) but he already has teeth and is pretty coordinated (can play with toy mouse, etc.)
I still had some puppy formula milk and offered him some but he didn't like it much. Then I offered him some canned food and he gobbled it down very quickly.
That was at noon. It's 8pm now and still no poop!
I even took a warm wash cloth to his tummy and bottom to see if he would pooh then but nothing.
Should I be getting worried now?
The puppies went to the bathroom within 20 minutes of eating.

#2 ·
Well, first of all, welcome, and thanks for saving the kitten!!! :D You should definately try to get some kitten food for him...that's important. As long as he is eating, he should poop eventually...just keep an eye on him, as long as he is eating drinking, playful, etc, he is probably ok..but if it goes for a VERY long time, you should take him to a vet. He should see a vet anyway, sometime in the next few days, they can tell you how old he is, etc., and get him started on his shots and stuff. Again, welcome! And let us know how he does :D

#3 ·
Congratulations on adopting a kitty. Just wait for the poop, it seems kittens don't always use the restroom right away in a new place. I hope you get to take the kitty to the vet soon, that way you can get everything checked out and like Ianthe said they can tell you the age, etc. :lol:

#4 ·
He pooped!
He must have gone into his litter box some time over the night. This morning he went in it again right after I fed him. Maybe his body just needed to adjust.
He looks bigger in the picture than he really is.

We won't get to see the vet until Saturday but he looks very good right now. He is becoming a very demanding kitty very fast.
Yesterday he was mostly hiding in the bed I had made him. Today he is sitting by my chair crying to be picked up. I think he will be okay.

Thanks for the info.

#6 ·
New Kitten

He's darling! Glad he's acting normal and congratulations to you on adopting him..need more people like you in the world :D
Best wishes on what the vet has to say (and don't worry about his looking out of proportion..not many kittens do, specially around the ears :wink:)

#7 ·
What a wonderful person you are - thank you for rescuing him off the street.
Let us know how he does at the vet and post any sort of questions you might have!
He is so cute - any names yet?

ps I came back for ''edit'' - now that Queen of the Nile has mentioned it - Sox sounds appropriate :lol:

#9 ·
We named him JACK. Boyfriend calls him Jack, the cabbit (because of the ears :wink: )
I can't believe I was able to pick him up by the side of the road just a day ago. He is now going 100 miles a minute. What a fast little kitty.
If I ignore him he will just climb up my jeans and end up on my lap. Definitely not a feral kitten... But there weren't any houses nearby.
The best part is that he is so good about using the litterbox. Why can't puppies be that way?
His fur is so fluffy. I wonder if he will turn out to be slightly longer-haired than normal.

#13 ·
What a sweet story. That is soooo nice of you to take the time out to rescue the kitty and take him home. He sounds like he has a darling personality already. I love it when they are affectionate like that too. His markings (knee sox) made me chuckle - on all 4 legs no less!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.