Throwing up & Diarrhea??? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Throwing up & Diarrhea???

I have two cats. I left food out for them when we went on vacation. I use to just give them their food, and not let them have it free choice 24/7 but we went on vacation thursday and came home yesterday. Would that have caused them to throw up and have diarrhea? I don't know which one of them threw up and I'm not sure if they both have diarrhea but Chloe's stool was really soft/runny looking last night. Should I just watched them for a few days and get back to regular feeding schedule before I run off to the vets office?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Premier Cat

How long where you on vacation?

If we are gone for an extented period of time we have someone come in every day and feed Velvet. If we are only leaving for a day or two, we will put some extra food in the dish and let her free-feed. This does sometimes come at a price because I think she has a tendancy to pig-out. I have come home to find vomit on the floor and I think she simply overate.
Not sure about the diarrhea...

I think once they are back on their regular feeding schedule they should be fine. If the diarrhea and vomiting continue they should certainly see a vet.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Ok I was gone thursday-sat. I don't trust any one with my animals thats why i left food out, i don't like people coming into my room and i'm always scared that some one will not shut the door completely and they would get out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Banned

If it was due to the change in the diet, it should clear up within four or five days after being back on their regular food. If it doesn't, or gets worse, please see a vet. Make sure they're drinking water and don't get dehydrated.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I think their little bellies are calming back down...I know never to do that again....Chloe was running around here driving me CRAZY! lol....She just a 1 yr old so she still has her kitteness in her. Mcy is stalking something....oh a hair thing.... I don't like it when i put hair ties on my desk and wake up the next morning and they have disappeared!!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Banned

Yeah....I worry when those little things disappear. I don't know if they've been deposited under the sofa or if they've been swallowed. That's why I've gotten into the habit of putting all small items away where my cats can't get at them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page