BARF? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

BARF?

Okay, just kind of a question. Lately Beaver has been getting a mostly meat(leftovers) as a diet. He seems to like it a whole lot etter than his dry food, which he likes over wet food. I make meat for the family almost every night and sometime for lunch and I usually pick at the meat before I season it and even give like the cooked ground beef that somehow always cooks a little when you defrost, you know? And even offer him the giblets and hearts and neck from the chicken raw and once even extras from the duck... he seemed to LOVE that. He also gets free fed dry but he doesn't eat much of it. Well, to the question. His fur has gotten really thick and shiney and extremely soft. I'd noticed it a bit before, but he got his bath today and all of the coarser fur came out leaving a beautiful coat behind. Is this from his newly found diet or just becuase he's getting older, he's about 3 months old. I've never seen a cat with a coat like his. Here's the pics and I'll try and post a before pic as well...
[/img]https://www.catforum.com/photos/data/500/4595DSCF0032-med.jpg[/img]

Here's his coat from just a few weeks ago...
[/img]https://www.catforum.com/photos/data/500/4595Beaver9weeks_001-med.jpg[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm. 2 pics didn't work, but you get the idea...
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

And the origonal coat...
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Cool Cat

First of all: WHAT A CUTIE!!! (Looks like my Binx!)

Also, the smoother, shiny coat could definitly be due to the BARF diet. The more nutrients he is getting, the better he will look and feel. One of the most telling signs is the coat of a cat. So, it sounds like he is doing very well!

I posted another thread about switching my boys from Purina and Nutro to Innova and Wellness a couple of weeks ago. I always thought they were soft before, but WOW! They are smoother and brighter than ever before...and it is certainly due to the change in food.

I'm glad Beaver is doing so well. The sweet baby grew into such a handsom little guy. Great pics, too!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! He has just changed so much lately. No more behavioral problems, nice coat, comes when called. It was hard getting pics becuase he wanted me to hold him and I couldn't get far enough from him to get them. Wow, everything has just turned out so well with him. His behaviors changed when we babysat a matese and a pit bull mix who were raised around cats. They told him how much was too much and other than that we tried time outs in the BR. All is well. I am so happy with him. And the BARF diet seems so easy I wonder why more people don't do it, especially since it's so good for them too.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Had to do this...

Hubby saw this pic and goes "We don't have a carpet like that"
Me " That's not Beaver"
Him " -expression"
Then "were'd you get that picture?"
"Off the kitty forum"
"that's just creepy.... eary....(then he walks away with a perplexed look on his face mumbling something)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Premier Cat

The scheen in the coat is amazing.

I could tell when I found out about
better quality cat foods & switched ~
their coats are so soft and thick now.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

It's almost like a rabbit fur type texture!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Sol
Cool Cat

It could be the food, it could be the age or it could be both in combination. On the picture where the coat is "bad" it looks like kitten coat and cats usually shed the kitten coat at 12-14 weeks of age, so maybe it's both in combination. The raw food is probably good for him so keep feeding him small amounts of raw food. If you think of feeding an all raw diet, read upon it first. I raw feed my cats and I yet haven't had to regret that

He's so cute your kitten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page