Premium Edge Healthy Weight Formula - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Premium Edge Healthy Weight Formula

Has anyone tried the PE Healthy Weight formula, and if so, what were the opinions? I know its not the most premium food out there, but ingredient wise it seems to compete with Royal Canin and around that level. It does have Corn Gluten Meal as the 3rd ingredient, and powdered cellulose a little further down the list, but the top 2 Ingredients are chicken and chicken meal. It has a high protein level (around 47%), low carb level (23% as fed), a probiotic, and contains no byproducts or unnatural preservatives. Again I know this isnt exactly Innova or Wellness by any means, but for a weight control food, it seems to be pretty descent. It doesnt sacrifice protein or add insane amounts of fiber. I know the corn gluten meal isnt going be as digestible, but at least there are two named protein sources above it. Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts were. PE sent me the comprehensive "as fed" analysis of the food if anyone has further questions about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page