Justice and Pyometra - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Justice and Pyometra

First of all, I'd like to thank each and every one of you who prayed so hard for Justice. She made it through the night thank God. I was going to call the vet first thing this AM before rushing over there with her cause I didn't want to stress her out anymore than she already was if they couldn't see her this morning. My vet opened at 8:00 this AM and by 7:40, I was out the door with Justice, I just couldn't wait any longer. When we got there, they had an opening for 15 minutes later, but the doc seen her and took us back right away. Justice does have pyometra and she is now at the vets and they will be doing surgery on her between 12:00 and 2:00 today during their lunch time. I am so grateful that he fit her in today, I don't know if she would have been able to go through another day like this. I am so scared, so scared to death. I just want her to be ok and come through this and make a full recovery. He listened to her heart and said it sounds really good (pyometra can cause heart damage if left untreated as well as kidney damage.) She has a little bit of a fever as well. He said they were going to keep her a day or two because he wants to make sure she's ok before sending her home. The cost of the surgery is between $170 and $200, a HUGE difference of what the ER wanted, they wanted $1100 to $1300 and had I had that kind of cash laying around, I would have paid for her to have the surgery this weekend. The ER vet also told me not to give her anymore of the Amoxicillion, that I was hurting her more than I was helping her, but my vet told me it was a good thing I started her on them and did everything we did this weekend, without it, she wouldn't have made it. I am so thankful to God he has gotten her this far and am praying he gets her completely through this. Please continue to say prayers for her and I will post with an update on her soon as I hear from the vet today. I miss her so much already and I'll be going out of my mind while she's not here at home.

~LilJoe~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 09:18 AM

I'm glad your vet managed to fit her in.

Let us know how the surgery goes!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 12:23 PM

I'm so glad to hear you got her to the vet - please keep us updated on how she is doing.
I'm sending all the positive vibes I can her way...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

I just got the call from the vet, Justice made it through the surgery!!!!!!!!! Oh I am SOOOO HAPPPYYYYY, and RELIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I think I might puke! Ohhhhhhh.......... I have been so stressed and so worried, oh thank you God! They said she is just now starting to wake up and she did great in surgery, there were no complications and the doc was able to remove everything and it hadn't gone into her abdomen. Thank you all so much for everything and for listening to me and offering all the moral support, I can't thank you enough. I'll continue to post updated as I hear them and hopefully she'll get to come home tomorrow!

~LilJoe~
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 02:23 PM

Glad to hear everything went well. Please post up some pictures of her, I for one would love to see them.

Wishing Justice a speedy recovery
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

EmmaG, let me get some pics of her loaded onto Photo Bucket and then I'll get some of her posted here, just give me a few, lol. I haven't had much sleep so I'm running on empty, lol.

~LilJoe~
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 03:47 PM

I have been reading Justice's thread daily, and I'm so glad she is doing well. Here's to hoping she is soon home safe & sound!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 03:48 PM

Oh my gosh, I am sooooooo glad.

See? I told you she would pull through! *BIG HUGS*

It is to your credit....you were very dedicated to her and stayed by her side the whole time.

Keep the updates coming!!

*God Bless*
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:10 PM

I am so glad she is doing better (~HUGS~)

Be sure to stick around and let us know how she is doing!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

I sure will Icklemiss. I'm sure I'm going to be pretty scared when she comes home till she heals up completely.

~LilJoe~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page