I must confess, yes, I have went against what a vet told me to do. Many of you know my cat Justice and what she's been through with the "pyometra." I couldn't afford to get her into the ER vet and they will not allow you to make payments or hold a check for a few days. With that being said, I was very desperate to help Justice hang on till Tuesday when our vet would be back in the office. I got online and started researching human antibiotics I had here at home. When i found she could take Amoxicillion, I quickly gave her a dose. I called the ER vet cause I was afraid and just wanted some reassurance but all they would tell me was to STOP giving it to her, I was hurting her more than I was helping her. I agreed and told them I would stop giving her the med and then felt like a HEAL for giving the med to her out of complete desperassion to try and save her life. I finally was able to get ahold of a vet that would actually talk to me and who told me to give her the Amoxicillion that it would not hurt her and I had not hurt her by giving her a dose already. He even told me how much I could give her and how often. I then made him aware I had another antibiotic here and he told me to give her that instead, it was a stronger antibiotic. With that being said, I waited for her next dosage and switched the med and done that till Tuesday when my vet was back in the office. When we took Justice in on Tuesday morning, during him checking her out, I explained everything I done over the weekend for her and then pulled out the meds I had given her. I told him the ER vet told me to STOP giving it to her and I was hurting her more than I was helping her. My vet laughed and said, it was a good thing I continued to give it to her because without it, she would have never made it till Tuesday. I was so thankful that I found another vet to talk to and went ahead with my gut feeling and gave her the meds against the ER's instructions. Sometimes when there are desperate situations and if you have access to research something and get all the info you can on it, to each his or her own, it can save a life. I'm not suggesting what I done was right, had it been a med that wasn't right for a feline, I could have killed Justice. All I can really say is, in life, we all take chances, if it's going to save your pets life, research, try to talk to an educated person who is familar with the situation and then try to make the choice that is right for your pet.