Justice Is HOME!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Justice Is HOME!!

We just got back from the vet a little while ago with Justice and I have her all set up in the bathroom cause she always likes spending time in there. Thank you all SO MUCH for everything, for listening and being here to get us through this and for all the great advice of what to expect when she came home. The doc sent her home on liquid antibiotics, he wants her on them till they are gone. They said she didn't use the litterbox at all while she was there, but soon as I let her out of the kennel in the bathroom, she went right to her litterbox (I still have just white paper towels in it for her, I want to keep and eye out to see if there is still any blood or pus) and she urinated She also ate a few bites of her cat food and drank a tab bit of water and I gave her her first dose of meds. I also gave her some babyfood chicken and plain yogurt with live cultures and she lapped it up pretty good. She is now resting comfortably and soon as I'm done here, I'm going to go in on the bathroom floor and lay down with her. The doc said when he got in there, the infection was very critical, her uterus was pack with pus and had she had to wait another day, she wouldn't have made it. Thankfully, none of the infection leaked out and they were able to get it all. He said she felt good enough this morning to take a swat at him when he was checking her, lol, I guess she's getting back to her ole self She doesn't have the kind of stitches that have to be removed, they sutured her up in layers on the inside and then used surgical glue on the outside, that must be some pretty strong stuff! I can't wait till she's all healed up and feeling better. I'm going to go so I can go lay down with her. I'll post more updates as I can. Thank you all again for everything.

~LilJoe~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 03:49 PM

(~HUGS~) I am glad she is doing better and is home again.

Keep us updated on how she is going and stick around!

Give her a big hug from me!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 04:03 PM

Excellent news!!! glad to hear she is home safe and sound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone, and you betcha I'm sticken around, I've had a lot of support from the people here and that means A LOT!!! I seen her incission a lil while ago, it is pretty tiny, but it looks wonderful!

~LilJoe~
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned

Wow, that sounds really great!! So glad she came through so well!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I've been silently following this, and I just wanted to say how HAPPY I am for you (and Justice) that she is home safe and sound!

The stitches sound like what they did for my Nya as well, I MUCH prefered it to regular stitches, as they dont have to make the extra vet visit to remove them (which can be more stressful). Just check on it every day (I checked a few times a day), to see if it's swollen at all, or if it changes colour, or begins to ooze (Signs of infection).

*hugs*

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Vanillasugar,
So was there a good outcome with your kitty? Did they use the surgical glue as well? I hope that stuff stay pretty good. They said she may develope a knot there but that was normal and would go away on it's own. Boy since they shaved her and I can see her belly now, I can really see what a tiny petite lil girl she is. She lost A LOT of weight though from being so sick, hopefully she fills back out and will feel and look healty again soon.

~LilJoe~
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Ya, we had a minor complication (a slight infection) but that wasn't any fault of the vets. Nya's just weaker to infections then most The glue is amazingly strong, I was worried that it would pop open for the first day as well (just because you can't SEE what's holding them shut!), but it was really great! Nya had a little "knot" as well, at the end of the incision, but it's gone now.

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page