Update On Justice Today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Update On Justice Today

I'm very happy to say that Justice is doing so much better today. I just got done feeding her some more babyfood chicken with plain yogurt mixed in and she lapped it all right up. Of course she won't eat it unless I fee it to her off of my finger though, lol. She has been eating her regular cat food and also I found her drinking water today, a good ammount of it to. I was getting worried last night cause although she was drinking water, she wasn't drinking a lot, so, I gave her some pedialite via a syringe. She is going pee in the litter box but so far, no bowl movement. Does anyone know how long it will take her to go since the surgery? I haven't seen her have a bowle movement since last thursday, Friday being when she got really bad sick. I just get worried, I don't want things getting bound up in there and her getting a bowl infection of some sort. She got up in the bed withme last night and fel asleep on my arm, this is a good sign, cause my bed is where she normally sleeps everynight. She's doing great on the meds but I bet she can't wait till she's done taking them. She's not the kind of cat that likes to be held in one spot while being forced to take meds. Normally she is a bit attitudish and she does things on HER terms and no one else, lol. That's ok though, we don't mind at al, we let her be that way after she lost my Mom. Whatever it took to make her feel safe and comfortable was all that mattered. She likes to lay in the bathroom on top of her kennel cause I have a blanket on top of it and it's right at the window. I have moved the kennel though cause I don't want her jumping up right now, and now she is jumping up and laying in the window seal. I think I'm going to put the kenel back over there, I don't want her slipping and falling. Should she be jumping like this already? It's only about 3 feet from the floor to the window seal. I'd rather her not, but when I take her down, she just jumps right back up there. I know I'm a regular worry wart, but I just can't help it, I don't want her to hurt herself while she's trying to heal.

~LilJoe~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 04:41 PM

Quote:
She is going pee in the litter box but so far, no bowl movement. Does anyone know how long it will take her to go since the surgery? I haven't seen her have a bowle movement since last thursday, Friday being when she got really bad sick.
That's a long time for no BM at all, there should have been something by now, so in your situation I would call the vet for advice. She may need a laxative to get things going again. But please, do not give a laxative on your own!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Well, I just tried calling the vet but they are out of the office already. I'm going to call them in the morning and see what they say. I know when she got real bad sick with the pyometra, she wasn't eating, just a little of the babyfood chicken off my finger with the plain yogurt mixed in and the pedialite, si I don't know if that's why she hasn't went yet. I know she didn't eat at the vets though cause I asked. Then when I brought her home, she started heating a lil, but not to much. Today she is eating a lil more so hopefully she'll have a bowl movement to. It would just make me feel better to know everything is back up and running as it should be.

~LilJoe~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 05:35 PM

When you talk to your vet, find out if she had a bowel movement at all the few days she was there, possibly before the surgery. Obviousy "less in will mean less out" since she has hardly eaten, but still since she had been having some minimal food intake there should be something moving through in there.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Oh I already know she hadn't had a BM at the vet, I asked before I brought her home and they said she hadn't. Hopefully the vet will be able to give her something to get things going again tomorrow if this isn't something that is normal after surgery.

~LilJoe~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page