Cat choking...please help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Cat choking...please help

Just to give a little background, I recently bought a female siamese kitten from Jim-and-Di Siamese and this past Tuesday I had her spayed - routine stuff. Of course, she's picked out all but one of her stitches but there's no swelling or bleeding so she's OK there.
Her appetite was very slow to come back so after a day and a half with no real signs that she was eating very much at all I started her on baby food although now she's eating her normal stuff in addition (she gets Solid Gold canned and dry with Seameal mixed in) but here's where my concern lies. Now, each time she either drinks water or eats, she coughs/wheezes/gags for a couple of minutes afterwards. I know that anesthetic gases could have caused some irritation in her lungs as could the tracheal tube have also irritated her little throat. The vet doesn't seem too concerned as of yet, but I'm paranoid so I thought I'd come here to see if anyone else had either seen or heard of anything similar. She's not quite her old self yet (total spaz) but she's jumping onto and off of things and running through the house so I'd guess I could rule out any serious respiratory infection............any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned

I wouldn't rule out a URI -- in fact, IMO, a trip to the vet is a high risk for catching a URI.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 07:53 PM

Quote:
the tracheal tube
Im pretty sure it is that.
I recently had a feral fixed and once we got him back he was coughing something firce. I called the vet and they told me he had the tube and that it is usually irritated as having rubber down ones throat would cause that. They told me it would be couple of days to get back to normal.
Im pleased t say that he is A1!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page