CAT Puking? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

CAT Puking?

My 2yr old cat Gracie started throwing up last night, and i don't know whether she got a hold of a bug(red ant) or she got some insect spray on her paw and licked it off. I watched herpretty well making sure she didn't venture into the area where i sprayed. she threw up last night like 3 times and i found some dried puke this morning in 2 different spots. I saw her drink some water and a few minutes later i found a puddle of water, i'm assuming she threw it up. well i wathced her pooh this morning and it was normal no diareah or anything out of the ordinary. she was running around and playing with her toy mice vigorously. she seemed pretty normal she ate a little bit more and dran some water, and we wathced to see if she threw that up, but she seemed to keep it down. My husband and i are going to check up on her during our lunch break. I should also mention that she is a very skiddish cat. she doesn't like strangers or anythign out of the ordinary or she freaks. could she just have a nervous stomach? I did kinda freak her out last night trying to isolate her with my other cat so in a different bedroom so they wouldn't go around the pesticides. Could an insect she ingested make her vomit?
I need help, should i take her to the vet, or wait it out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:54 PM

I would check on her at lunch and see if there has been anymore vomiting. Either way if you are worried you could call your vet for advice over the phone on what to look out for or if there is any need to worry and if you should bring her in. I think it is a good sign that the cat is playful. My cat is very skittish also and can get upset easily. I hope she is fine. Keep us updated.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Banned

An insect wouldn't cause vomitting. Might she be trying to bring up a hairball?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 03:55 PM

Is is hot where you are. The heat over here can sometimes make my cats vomit, but not excessively. I would probably get her checked out, especially if you think she could have ingested chemical. Please don't use insecticides in any area a cat has access to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page