Fifth day on canned..... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Fifth day on canned.....

I switched over to Wellness canned on last Thursday with Alice. The next day I tried it out with Eddy & Pinky because it was totally not fair to feed the other two Nutro dry. Eddy will eat anything and loves the Wellness but Pinky hates it. The third day I tried Chicken Soup canned and Pinky likes it so all 3 are on canned now .

I feed Alice & Pinky 1/3 can & Eddy gets 1/2 a can (5.5 oz) in the morning around 1 pm (we are on a swing shift work schedule) and then again around 10 pm. I've been giving an 1/8th cup of dry each around 5 pm and 1 am and they crunch every now and then. Pinky gets nervous without food in her bowl.

It appears to be going well. Eddy and Alice are alot softer, Alice has lost her dandruff and , this is probably my imagination, Pinky & Alice seem to have more prominant coloring (?)

I have noticed a couple of behavior differences.... Eddy was playing, really playing, with a toy mouse today. I've never seen him do this. Alice was playing with my hand and she has never done this either. She has never played with me....she just gives me a look. Could be coincedance.

We figured out a budget on canned and it works out ok. The 12.5 oz Wellness cans will run us $40. a month and the 5.5 oz Chicken Soup around $18 plus a small bag of dry (haven't decided the brand, waiting for samples) should cost us around $65 total. Not too bad for 3 cats. Of cource, this is up from $28 a month on the Nutro but I think it will be well worth it. I never want to look back and think that I should have taken better care of them.

The only downside to all this is being ably to go somewhere for any amount of time. This is why I want to make sure they will still eat dry (Alice is getting iffy on wanting to bother with it) because I have nobody to come feed them so I'll have to leave dry out.

Anyway, just thought I'd update.

Sweet Alice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Good for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page