Sore and bald patch on my Pixie!! *update* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Sore and bald patch on my Pixie!! *update*

Hey all,

Last week I saw that my Pixie (she's 11 months) had a little scab on her side, towards her tummy area and I assumed it was a scratch or something from our other cat Kitty, since recently Kitty has been a bit too rough while play fighting and has left a couple of scabs on Pixie's ear, which have healed now.

But today I noticed that the scab has gone, leaving a small roundish sore on her side and there's a bald patch around it.

Does anyone know what this could be? I searched it online and read about Ringworm, that it affects the ears, paws, face and tail areas....is it possible to have just one sore on her side?

Is there anything else that it could be? Maybe just a sore left from Kitty? Pixie has been eating fine, she's her normal hyper and happy self, cept she's been licking that area constantly.

If it doesn't improve within a couple of days, I'll make an appointment for her at the vets I think.

Thanks

Moopsey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:57 PM

I have no idea, so can't help you, but wanted to send my good wishes that whatever it is will heal quickly.

Completely off topic, but I have a Pixie too! Yippee for Pixies.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Awww your Pixie is adorable Here's a pic of mine...

She's sooo lovely and sweet!

And thanks, I hope it heals fast too. It's always so frustrating not knowing what something is and not being able to help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 06:34 PM

OMG OMG she's a calico too!! How ADORABLE is she?! Thanks for sharing the pic. Do you have a pic of the sore?

Hopefully someone else will have suggestions for ya, or the vet when you take her in. I know exactly what you mean about frustration and not being able to help, I'm in the middle of dealing with Mozart being sick right after Ginza.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I just took a couple of pics of the sore...if anyone's seen anything like this, let me know!

Awww I hope Mozart gets better soon! All your cats look sweet
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 05:44 AM

The sore could be the result of an absess from a bite, or it could be an allergic reaction to something Pixie got into, My Buck is going through something similar right now and the dr. says it is from the advantage that I put on him. He goes today for a cortisone shot to help him to stop licking all the hair off himself! Hope this helps out some for you.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, just trying to think now if Pixie has come into contact with anything that may have given her an allergic reaction!...if that's what it is! She's an indoor cat so there's not much around the house for her to hurt herself on etc.

Hope your Buck is better soon!

Thanks for your help!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 07:34 PM

How's Pixie doing? Is it healing, or did you visit the vet? Please update us when you can.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Pixie is fine, still the same as before, the area looks kinda crusty, but with a bit more redness, she won't stop licking it though...I'll be taking her to the vets on Tuesday since it isn't open until then. I'll let you know what happens.

Hehe, she's busy rubbing herself against my foot now...awww!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 09:58 PM

Looks like ringworm to me. Ive had a spell of it here and the vet gave us a cream as well as an anti-itch shot to help kitty. I have also read that lotrimin cream (from walmart) works, athletes foot is a type of ringworm. But this is not a vet's advice. Just me thinking (typing) outloud!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page