Bladder infection maybe - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Bladder infection maybe

I think one of my cats, no I know one of my cats has a bladder infection. With 11 inside it will take a bit of detective work and process of elimination to figure out who it is.

My question is, because my vet is out of town this coming week. What is the best antibiotic for a bladder infection? I want to find out if I have something on hand (my vet gives me extra) or if I will need to disturb my vet's vacation with a phone call.

I'm finding somone is peeing on the dog bed and then I saw light blood spots at the water bowls and through the house this morning. We have a spy camera that we use to find out who the sick on is. I hope I can catch them today because I know whomever it is, they have to be in bad pain. Unfortunately for cats they hide their illnesses too well..

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 05:58 PM

I have no experience with this condition.
I just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you and hope you will find the cat that is probably in pain
Best of luck
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 09:27 PM

Mozart's going thru a UTI right now, so I sympathize, especially if you can't spot the invalid yet. Baytril is what we're treating it with, and I think it's a common one used. Check that it hasn't expired, and make sure you find and bring the kitty in when your vet returns, since I don't know if it treats crystals.

If a vet goes out of town, usually he/she has someone cover for them? Then you can have the kitty seen sooner, and the correct meds prescribed. Good luck, keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

turns out it was my 16 year old dog with the problem. I started him on Amoxi and my vet called from his vacation and told me to keep him on the Amoxi this week and then next week when he's back in town he'll check his urine and put him on another drug as the Amoxi won't work for more than a week. The Axoxi has definitely helped. The blood in the urine has stopped. He's still having pain and discomfort I suppose because he is still having accidents. Other than that he's doing fine, eating and acting normal. Which isn't much activity at 16. HA! Thanks for all your help.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 05:24 PM

Whew, glad you found out who it was, and the vet got in touch with you! *Crossing fingers* for a quick recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page