Hot Ears? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Hot Ears?

Recently I have been noticing that Jazzy's ears have been getting really warm. But just every now and then. I don't know why this would be. Is it a temperature? She has a wet nose, so I don't think she's sick. She eats and does everything normally, but just her ears are really warm. Thanks for any info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 09:23 PM

just a thought but if she is an is an outdoor, indoor outdoor or sun basker...she could be getting a slight burn on her ears as summer is well underway.

It is not uncommon these days with the depleation of the ozone layer that animals are getting burned really easy
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Totally indoor cat. In the summer we keep most of the blinds closed in the house and only one window (w/ storm window closed) and blind open for the cats to go and sit in and watch the birds. We have central air, so I don't know why she would be getting hot from heat. And she normally isn't the cat that sits in the window, her sister is normally in the window.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:56 PM

I have no idea then. help anyone else?

a cold maybe?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:21 PM

Scotty's ears are really warm after he's just woken up from a nap. I tend to check them often throughout the day and sometimes they're warm/hot and other times they're cold. He doesn't seem feverish or anything.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Hopefully that is what it is. I just want what is best for my girls, as I'm sure you guys think the same for your kitties. That makes sense though, especially when Jazzy hides her face in anything she can when she sleeps. My mom and I think she might get migraines or have light sensitivity. Anyway, thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page