Dry Food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: What's the best dry cat food
Iams 0 0%
Max-Cat 2 6.45%
Friskies 2 6.45%
Special Kitty 0 0%
Other 27 87.10%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,035
Dry Food

I was wondering what's the best dry cat food? Feel free to throw you two cents in here.

Ciao!

Ps I am currently feeding Max-Cat
clintsworld is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 12,643
"Best" is relative, but of the ones you've listed, Max-Cat is probably the best. There are plenty of others not listed that are better, so I voted "Other". I feed mine a mix of Felidae and Innova.
coaster is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 05:33 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by timskitties
"Best" is relative, but of the ones you've listed, Max-Cat is probably the best. There are plenty of others not listed that are better
I agree!

I voted other also and feed Innova Evo
icklemiss21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21
Quote:
Originally Posted by timskitties
"Best" is relative, but of the ones you've listed, Max-Cat is probably the best. There are plenty of others not listed that are better
I agree!

I voted other also and feed Innova Evo
Hmmm.......Never heard of those brands! I'd add them to the poll but it won't let me edit it. I am locked out!

Ciao!
clintsworld is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Cool Cat
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posts: 1,355
Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Clint! You've been so busy telling stories in the Lounge, you havn't spent enough time here in Health and Nutrition!

I agree with Tim and Icklemiss Most of the brands you've listed are... um... *cough*garbage*cough* ... full of by-products and fillers *yuck*! Ye might want to do some reading on nutrition for our feline friends, and how to best choose a good food. Here's a breif list... just incase you'd like some reading
http://www.api4animals.org/689.htm
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/reading_labels.htm
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/tipsforchoosing.htm

(Oh, and I also voted "other". I feed mostly wet (Wellness brand), but the dry I do serve is Felidae, and I just recently brought home some EVO from work that Buddy LOVED! (Nya as per usual, wont touch anything in dry form!)

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vanillasugar is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Cat Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,019
I voted "Other". I'm currently feeding Nutro, which I'm not overly fond of, but the girls adore it. It's our compromise.
lilysong is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 04:45 AM
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,678
In the UK, you can't beat Burns
emma_pen is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 09:20 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 395
THe best I can get in MY area is Iams... ti's the only dry food that actually has Chicken (not rice or corn or chicken by-product) listed as the first ingredient.

Unfortunatly, Iams supports cruel animal testing. I wish i could switch brands, but there isn't really anything better in my area.
Ashdyre is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodeia
I voted "Other". I'm currently feeding Nutro, which I'm not overly fond of, but the girls adore it. It's our compromise.
Max is made by Nutro Hence the name "Nutro Max Cat"

Ciao!
clintsworld is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar
Clint! You've been so busy telling stories in the Lounge, you havn't spent enough time here in Health and Nutrition!

I agree with Tim and Icklemiss Most of the brands you've listed are... um... *cough*garbage*cough* ... full of by-products and fillers *yuck*! Ye might want to do some reading on nutrition for our feline friends, and how to best choose a good food. Here's a breif list... just incase you'd like some reading
http://www.api4animals.org/689.htm
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/reading_labels.htm
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/tipsforchoosing.htm

(Oh, and I also voted "other". I feed mostly wet (Wellness brand), but the dry I do serve is Felidae, and I just recently brought home some EVO from work that Buddy LOVED! (Nya as per usual, wont touch anything in dry form!)
Well, I can STOP TELLING FUNNY STORIES in the Lounge if'n ya like! Me thinks it wouldn't be long before folks were hungry for my laughs again! As far as the food goes, I thought Iams and Max Cat WERE good foods!? I know all the Vet's here HIGHLY Recommend them and even the shelters here sell it for the pet's they adopt-out. So, if it's good enough for the vet's and the shelter's, then it must be good enough for MOI!

Ciao!
clintsworld is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome