What brand of food do you feed your cats/kittens? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: What brand of food do you feed your cats?
Chicken Soup 5 14.29%
Felidae 0 0%
Iams/Eukanuba 1 2.86%
Innova/Innova EVO 2 5.71%
Natural Balance 4 11.43%
Nutro's Natural Choice/Gourmet Classics 6 17.14%
Pro Plan 0 0%
Purina One 2 5.71%
Royal Canin 1 2.86%
Science Diet 1 2.86%
Wellness 6 17.14%
Other premium (Wysong, Sensible Choice, Evolve, etc) 3 8.57%
Grocery brands (Cat chow, Meow mix, Friskies, Facy Feast, etc) 1 2.86%
Other organic (Organix, Newman's own, etc) 0 0%
Other 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

What brand of food do you feed your cats/kittens?

What brand of food do you feel your cat/kitten has done best on (not necessarily what you feed now)? Also, if you could describe the differences, thanks!

Also, to those who feed Innova, have you noticed any differences btwn Innova EVO and the original?

Thanks for participating

*EDIT: Oh! I realized that I forgot to add the option of your own meow mix and raw.. sorry!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Also, to those who feed Innova, have you noticed any differences btwn Innova EVO and the original?
I feed Innova Evo. We did try normal Innova first but Bumper didn't do too well on it (he has a sensitive tummy) and although the others will eat it, they don't like it to the point that they knock me over when I try to feed them like they do with the Evo. I also noticed a greater improvement in their coats when swapping to Evo than normal Innova
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 03:57 PM

My kitty hasn't eaten commercial food since he was 8 weeks old when I got him.

Only raw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

I raw feed my cats so the only brand I buy is Jipotimas. It's a Swedish BARF-supplier that I buy raw meaty bones from. Raw food is the food my cats do best on.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Banned

Combo of dry = Felidae + Innova and wet = rotation of half a dozen different brands, but mostly Natural Balance.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM

Chicken Soup dry and Fancy Feast/Whiskas/Friskies wet.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Cat Addict

I feed Nutro dry and Meow Mix wet. The things I let these girls talk me into....
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 07:45 PM

two cats now eating raw, and two cats eating canned... either Wellness or Natural Balance.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 12:09 AM

Murphy started on Iams kitten for a year (all foods listed are dry). We switched to Iams adult when she was a year old. I got samples of Nutro Natural (in my Mom's dog food, of all places) and Murphy loved it, so we switched (the normal slow way). Nutro made her puke up bile. She had never thrown up in her life until we tried this food, and she continually threw up at least once a week since we switched. So, we switched back to Iams, and the problem went away.

After reading this website, I tried Chicken Soup, and again, Murphy loved it. This time, Murphy (WARNING, GRAPHIC) pooped way more often, had soft, slimmy stools which didn't come clean out of her rear end and fell off after she got out of the litter box and stunk to high heaven. She would also occasionally throw up undigested food. We switched back to Iams and the problem went away.

With Iams, Murphy has regular, solid, less stinky poo and never throws up. She has also never had a hairball in her life.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 01:42 AM

Spotty is on a prescription diet. IVD Rabbit and Pea both dry and canned. IVD is made by Royal Canin. Rosie gets Spotty's dry food and for canned she either gets Nutro Max Cat or Nutro Natural Choice different flavors or Spotty's canned Rabbit and Pea. As a treat I sometimes feed IVD Venizon and Pea to both cats and occasionally I'll give Spotty a bit of Rosie's canned food. I don't follow the vet rules as strictly as the vets would tell me to. Especially because Spotty was originally prescribed one of those nasty Hill's low residue diets, I don't see any harm in feeding some occasional canned Nutro.

I also spice up my cats dry food with Halos Purely for Pets freeze dried chicken or once in a while some freeze dried salmon and a C.E.T. chew nightly. When we're having chicken for dinner, Rosie gets spoiled with fresh table scraps and Spotty too if he wants some.

All cats deserve a highly palatable, very tasty, diet and that is my feeding motto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page