Feline Greenies - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Feline Greenies

I was at Petsmart yesterday and noticed that they finally came out with Feline Greenies. My dog goes insane for the dog Greenies so I decided to get the Feline Greenies and see if they interested my 2 girls. Well, they absolutely loved them. They are actually not ones for treats, but they adore these and come running when I crinkle the bag.

In fact, I caught one of them on the counter this morning where I keep them, and she was trying to take the bag in her mouth off the counter.

My girls give them 4 paws up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 05:08 PM

Are these the Lil Greenies bits? I had ordered these Greenies too that can be given to cats and small animals. I posted to see if anyone else used them and one poster said that if not digested they may cause problems in small animals. They may swallow them instead of chewing them. That scared me so I didn't want to take a chance in giving them to my cat. I thru them away. The next time I visit my Vet I'm going to ask him about them.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 05:22 PM

Here is the reply I got from a poster. Might be the Greenies are fine but I wasn't sure I wanted to take a chance since I didn't know too much about them for cats.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?p ... ht=#207789
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

No, they are not the Lil' Greenies. They are actually crunchy treats in the shape of a little toothbrush. I couldn't find them on the Greenie website yet. They are brand new and they are called Feline Greenies. They come in a foil-like packaging and in 4 different flavors, chicken, liver, salmon and ocean fish. I bought mine at Petsmart. They do not look anything like the Lil' Greenies. This is a totally different product.

My dog is Shih Tzu, but I never bought him the small or petite size Greenies that were supposed to be for his weight and size. I bought the Jumbo size to decrease risks of gulping or not chewing properly. I never had a problem with them.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:33 PM

Thanks for describing them for me. Great they have a new product out for cats. I know the dogs love their Greenies. I will have to look for those at Petsmart!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:04 PM

Thank you! They look very cute. Anything good for their teeth is great. I'll look for them this weekend.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 06:09 PM

I bought the Feline Greenies this weekend at Petsmart. They had small bags of them for 99 cents at Petsmart. I bought one of each flavor. Rocky loves them ! And she is very fussy about treats. Thanks for posting about them!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Cat

Willow likes the dog greenies (she can't crack them, but she never stops trying), so I'm going to see if these feline greenies are available here. Probably not, though . I won't see them 'till 2008, probably, lol

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Banned

I picked up my samples of Feline Greenies today and I'm really disappointed. They're too small. Not any bigger than any other cat treat. Rocket and Tom swallow them whole without chewing. What good are they as dental chews if they're not swallowed? Sorry, I'm going to have to give this product a I suppose it's fine as a cat treat, but why spend that much money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page