caught kitty hunting (preying?)....need advice - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

caught kitty hunting (preying?)....need advice

this morning, i caught paco chewing (perhaps eating?!!!) a poor dead bird. should i be worried? he was just dewormed a week ago. i still have another dose that i need to give him next week. I hope this is a once in a lifetime thing. what should i do if i see him doing this again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Banned

Paco is just doing what comes naturally for a cat. The only way to stop it if you don't like it is to keep your cat inside. So if you can't do this, then just stop worrying about it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Cat

If he goes outside he will hunt and kill birds and rodents - and quite likely bring them in for you. He may well eat them as well (usually from the head end!), so there's nothing you can do about that.

Khamun brought in a dead rat this morning, his second in 6 months, plus quite a few mice and 2 birds. He rarely eats them though.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 02:28 PM

In my grandparents neighborhood there used to be a cat named Leo. He regularly caught mice and rabbits and ate them and he ate the whole carcasses too. This cat never wasted food.

There is nothing you can do about it and if you're going to have a free roaming cat you'll have to take the bad with the good. Veterinary care is more expensive with free-roaming cats too because there is a lot that a cat can catch outdoors, wounds, diseases, worms, accidents, Just see that he is annually vaccinated. And with only your little bedroom as an indoor environment and no access to the rest of the house your cat is probably outside much more than he should be. Still, it's your choice after all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page