Sampson is throwing up :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Sampson is throwing up :(

gosh!!!, I hate this. If this cat has hepatic lipidosis too, I won't know what to do.

I'm freaking out. I came home from work on Friday and found about 5 little throw-ups everywhere. Looked like digested food

So yesterday I fed him a small amount at different periods throughout the day, and hung around the house to be with him and see if and when he threw up, and nothing. He seemed okay. Definitely as crazy and physical as he usually is.

So I just put a small amount of food in his bowl today hoping that I'd see no throw-up, and about 30 minutes after he ate, I heard him gagging. I ran and put him in the kitchen and he threw up his food

What the heck? I don't want another sick cat

Do I have to take him to the vet right away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Cool Cat

What his age?

My cats had bacteria from gingivitus creaping into their throats and they were puking alot. Got their dental work done and now I haven't hardley had any puking out of 3 of them. I won't say never because there had been a couple of messes.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

he's only two Do you think maybe it's because he had some lunchmean of mine yesterday :O Okay, don't get mad... but I was making some sandwiches and I saw him tear a piece of lunchmeat off and eat it!! I was very shocked as he never has done this, but he ate it. Could a tiny bit of lunchmeat make him throw up??

Crap, I just spent 2K in May trying to save my other cat I can't go through something like this again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Cool Cat

I spent 1k easily this summer so I bought VPI pet insurance lowest cost package at $10 per month.

I don't think the lunch meat would hurt him if it didn't hurt you any.

At 2 years I would think it is something simple, if he ate yesterday that is good, at least he is farther from starvation. Maybe someone else has a beeter idea, but I think He could wait another day before decieding to seek a Vet.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

thanks, and well, you won't believe this. I just saw him eat a bee on the balcony Maybe this is why he is sick He's out on the balcony alot, and I didn't realize the bee's were still around I just caught him at the latter end of killing and eating a bee

So I'll watch him today and keep him off the balcony, and see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page