Some early thoughts on "Nature's Miracle Litter" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Some early thoughts on "Nature's Miracle Litter"

My local cat store ordered this stuff for me. It's not cheap, roughly 50% more than world's best. About $1.50 per lb. That is a lot, but if it works well, may be worth it.

It claims to be twice as absorbant as clay litter and to last longer than competition.

It is some sort of corn-based product like world's best, but has much finer particles and no dust that I can tell so far at all. It comes in 10lb bags and contains the nature's miracle enzymes.

It has a kind of orangish hue to it. The particles are orange or black.

The cats used it within 15 minutes and used it fairly heavily. To the point that I had to scoop it. The main issue I have right now is that no matter what litter I use, my calico will sometimes not properly bury her stuff. She tries to bury it in her own unique way sometimes, which involves pawing OUTSIDE of the litterbox. This litter does not help with that problem. Maybe no litter will.

The litter itself smells absolutely wonderful. Kind of like bananas and pine. I'll update this thread in a week or so. Hopefully it will mask odor and still smell great.

The particles seem perfect to me. Really fine grained, but not to the point of being dust-like. No dust when I poured it in, and no tracking or dust when I scoop. Unlike arm & hammer and everclean, it does not clump "big" with urine, meaning that the clumps were not too huge.

Some images:

The bag

The litter itself

Cats took to it immediately
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 03:10 PM

We use this exclusively now. I love the smell and there is never any odor even with three cats! Except when Gracie has an upset stomach and drops a real nasty one! I love that it's flushable too!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 05:03 PM

I too am making the switch. I started integrating it today and I too LOVE the smell!!! Tag seems to like it too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

I think I am going to make the switch based on the last week. The stuff masks odors quite well and does not emit any odors of its own unless you get close, in which case the odor is nice.

How much are you guys paying for this? It's costing me $15 per bag, which is rather expensive...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:35 PM

I paid $12.99 in Petco in NJ.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 12:36 AM

Qty purchase

Anybody figured out if it can be acquired in larger quantities?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page