Hammacher Schlemmer Feline Fountain - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Hammacher Schlemmer Feline Fountain

I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these water fountains for their cat (s)? It is described as The Advanced Large-Capacity Feline Drinking Fountain and is grey in color. I like how the stream comes down in this one. And Hammacher has a great guarantee on their products. Any reviews?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:47 PM

It's a drinkwell unless the picture is inaccurate.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

I'm sorry I should have included the pic. Here is a link to it. They have a smaller one too but this is the one I was interested in:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72732.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:41 PM

Woo hey that is not the one I saw when I went to their site.

It doesn't look large enough to hold 1 gallon even though it says it does. I have a drinkwell with the big 'ol reservoir, I thought that was just over 1g too.

Looks promising.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Cool Cat

I would get a PetMate or Drinkwell from PetSmart -shop online and have the store do a price match. $70 is a lot of money for that when you can get a similar one for around $20!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

We had a less expensive one at one time and the noise was annoying. Supposedly this is suppose to be very quiet. That is one of the reasons I was wondering if anyone had one so I could get a comment on if it is quiet or not. Rocky's 15th birthday is coming up in April so I was going to splurge. And they do have a great return policy so maybe I will just try it. My son has 3 cats so I was thinking of getting them one also but want to try it out myself first. I like the fountain part in this one. It seems different than others.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Whisperer
I would get a PetMate or Drinkwell from PetSmart -shop online and have the store do a price match. $70 is a lot of money for that when you can get a similar one for around $20!
The drinkwell is around $40 plus there's the reservoir you'd have to get. The petmate one is $20 but that only holds 50oz. I believe the larger capacity one is more expensive. The drinkwell with reservoir would be around $55 already... I don't think it would be asking too much if this new one is quieter and easier to clean as advertised.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Premier Cat

The complaint Ive heard from my friends
who have fountains (other than the hammacher is the
motor breaks down. We have very hard water here
and it takes it tole on the filters and motor.

Hammacher's guarentee is this:
Items that we sell are guaranteed for their
normal life under standard, non-commercial
use. Should any product fail to meet your
expectations, simply return it with proof of
purchase. We will replace it, refund the
purchase price or credit your credit card,
depending upon your original payment method.

Might be worth a try. Good guarentee!
Let us know if it is quiet or not. I hate the noisey ones.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 AM

It could be that your friends did not clean the thing properly. Running it with some vinegar and cleaning it regularly is a must. My brother's motor began to malfunction because he didn't clean it and didn't keep it full enough.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 05:06 PM

I havve a drink well that serves 6 cats. I clean it with a long "snake" wire with a brush on the end -- got at a fish store. Finger clean around the strainer/valve daily to get hair out. I keep the unit off the floor to keep the noise down. I just put it on a box. If on the floor, put a rubber pad under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysMom
We had a less expensive one at one time and the noise was annoying. Supposedly this is suppose to be very quiet. That is one of the reasons I was wondering if anyone had one so I could get a comment on if it is quiet or not. Rocky's 15th birthday is coming up in April so I was going to splurge. :D And they do have a great return policy so maybe I will just try it. My son has 3 cats so I was thinking of getting them one also but want to try it out myself first. I like the fountain part in this one. It seems different than others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page